Brainfish is looking for a Tax Specialist for an international company located in Gorinchem.
Are you looking for this role where there is room to develop and grow? Hands-on, eagerness, transparency and open door policy are the main keywords for the ultimate match.
Do you want to work with a top performer? So does Katun, and they are looking for a new colleague to join their team of Finance professionals. Katun is one of the world’s leading alternative suppliers to the business equipment industry. Their talented staff has made the Katun name synonymous with excellent service, high quality and outstanding product value.
Each Katun business area is fully dedicated to providing outstanding product quality and the most responsive, efficient customer service in the industry. As Katun look forward continuing growth, they also look forward to the contributions of highly motivated, quality driven people.
The office in Gorinchem employs 60 employees. You will be part of the Finance Team that consist of in total 10 employees. A close-knit and stable team that bears joint responsibility. The composition of the staff is divers in terms of age, gender and nationality. How nice it is to work together in such a pleasant atmosphere and to trust each other. Transparent and open-door policy. Today, Katun serve 10,000 customers in 116 countries form their headquarters in Minneapolis and many worldwide locations.
This position offers growth potential first within Europe. Given its international character, your own ambitions and job-related training opportunities, growth may also be worldwide. In this role you will work closely with the Finance Director on the Company’s corporate income tax and VAT reporting and compliance for the European region.
- Manage domestic tax compliance by preparing corporate income tax returns and other obligations to ensure timely and accurate compliance with reporting requirements for all the entities in Europe.
- Lead the preparation of indirect tax filing obligations, such as VAT, Intra Community Supply, Intrastat, withholding tax, payroll tax, WEEE, packaging tax and other local requirements.
- Work with tax consultants to report, review and manage tax changes and determine the impact of such changes to the company; proactively identify tax planning opportunities and advise management of the tax implications of such opportunities.
- Calculate interim income tax provisions and forecast future income tax provisions to provide accurate information for financial reports, budgets and strategic planning.
- Serve as tax resource for finance team supporting operations in The Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Portugal, UK, Italy, France and Switzerland.
- Manage domestic tax audits in partnership with Finance Director and tax consultants, supplying all necessary documentation to defend positions taken in the returns and negotiate settlement on proposed adjustments to minimize the financial impact of audits.
- Maintain tax accounts in the general ledger system to ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting information.
- Support the Finance Director with financial audit requests by preparing schedules and reconciliations.
- Perform other tax planning projects, work and activities as assigned to deliver consistent internal and external customer service.
Education and Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Accounting, Tax, Business or related field.
- 2 years of experience in Netherlands and/or other Western European Countries Corporate income tax and VAT compliance.
- English and Dutch language skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Netherlands tax preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of income tax laws.
- Proactive, results-oriented, self-motivated and takes personal responsibility.
- Maintain good relationships with tax consultants and advisors to stay abreast of new tax law changes.
- Knowledge of tax laws and compliance requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient at navigating ERP software and accounting systems.
- Ability to communicate tax transactions to non-accounting employees.
- Collaborative problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively and represent the company’s interest with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- ERP – IFS and Reportal.
- Datawarehouse and Blackline Reconciliation software.
Wat krijg je?
- Salary within the scale of EUR 3,000 to approximately EUR 4,000 gross per month, depending on your age and work experience. Performance bonus depending on the total operating result.
- Home-office travel allowance.
- Job-related training opportunities.
- Company health insurance.
- Excellent company pension insurance.
- Flexible working hours between 32 and 40 hours per week.
- Even if you are available for a little less hours we kindly invite you to respond.
To run for election: Please send your CV to email@example.com